Sunday, September 6, 2009

France; something different

Bonjour,

After working out my Wi-fi problems, in French mind you, I finally have a connection to the internet. Woot!

My flights were typical. The only thing to really complain about was being sat next to a fatty on my transatlantic flight, and oh yeah my light would go on and off randomly that was really nice when I was trying to get some shut eye.

En France I caught the highspeed train, TGV, to Aix-en-Provence where my host mother picked me up. She is extremely nice,speaks little English, and is a fabulous cook. So far so good. I toured the town a bit on foot. It is a quintessential French town with fountains, roundabouts, men playing the accordion and cafes are ubiquitous. I wandered around to the local cathedral. It is a work of art to say the least. There was a festival going on today. Frenchmen were dressing up like it was the 17th siecle and playing marching music to boot. Much fun.

An old church was metamorphosed into the current learning institution it is today. It is small and cozy. I feel that most of my classes will be quite intimate.

I'm actually excited for classes to begin

No comments: