Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Break '09

I started out my trip with a little jaunt to Madrid where i met up with Mollie Schultz and crashed with Brian Collins. Brain has a cool roommate named tommy who has an unfortunate addiction to fast food and is still eating McD's in Europe. They live in a apt that is being renovated so only boys and their host mom live in the apt right now. It actually pretty much looks like a crack house on the outside but their room is legit. Their host mom is a great lady i think, but since i dont speak a lick of spanish i had to have my buddies translate... but they are not fluent or anything like that. As far as my buddies think their host mom called me "El Guapo" or the beautful one.

The Spanish lifetsyle is nutz. They eat diner around 9 or later and then they stay out until 7 in the freakin mourning! Its a tough life but somebodies gots to do it.

We went to the Prado museum which was darn cool especially since we only had to pay 4 euros since we were students. I saw allot of cool Goya paintings my favorite was the "Execution on the 5th of May" or something like that. It was brilliant to see in person.


Then i was off to amsterdam. It is a ridiculous place so the very damn least.
Like Las Vegas but on super raging steroids.
During the day i went to the Van gogh and Rembrandt museums which were amazing. My favorite was the van gogh though. Being able to get right up to paintings and see how he stacked the paint was incredible.

and during the night... well lets just say what happens in amsterdam stays in amsterdam

No comments: